Viewing and editing web proxy settings
- Open up the Internet Options Control Panel. You can probably find this by selecting Control Panel from your Start Menu (Windows XP to Windows 7/Server 2008R2) or right-clicking on the Start Menu and choosing Control Panel (Windows 8.1/Server 2012R2).
- The Internet Options Control Panel will look like this (titled Internet Properties):
- Click on the 'Connections'' tab at the top of the window:
- Click on the LAN settings button towards the bottom of the window. This will open up a new window titled Local Area Network (LAN) Settings:
- The current proxy server address and port can be seen in the proxy server section towards the bottom.
- The use of a proxy server can be switched on and off with the Use a proxy server for your LAN [...] check box is ticked. If the box is unticked, the proxy address and port will be greyed out:
- To close the windows, click OK on the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window and then OK on the Internet Properties window.