Setting up Exodus for Windows
- Download the latest version of Exodus
- Install, choosing all the defaults
- Run Exodus
- You will be presented with the Default Profile Details window and the Account Details tab will be selected. To launch the If Exodus was already installed or you want to edit an existing account, right click on Default Profile and choose Modify Profile. To add an additional account, click on Create a New Profile.
- Enter your Jabber ID. This will look similar to your email address, but the bit after the @ may be different. The bit before the @ will be your username; the bit afterwards will have been decided when the server? was set up.
- Enter your password.
- Do not tick This is a new account
- It is up to you whether you want to save the password
- Click on the Advanced tab
- You may alter the Resource text to reflect your description of the computer you are using. Jabber allows you to log on from multiple places simultaneously - the Resource is used to distinguish between these. Examples are: Laptop or Phone
- Click on the Connection tab
- Ideally, selecting the Automatically discover host and port box should just work, but in general it may not (technically, it requires setting up of SRV DNS records). Therefore, to be safe you may wish to untick the box and enter the IP address or name of your NetManager in the Host box. Leave the port number unchanged (5222).
- Click on the Connect button
- Ignore errors about Logging being performed by plugins
- You should now be able to login and use your account
- Stop Exodus quitting when you close the window
- Choose Settings... from the Exodus Options menu
- Tick Close button minimizes to the tray