Re-joining a XenApp 6.5 server to the farm ready for provisioning
When using Provisioning Services in conjunction with XenApp, before promoting a new vDisk version to production mode, you should tell it to rejoin the XenApp farm on its next boot. This is because the hostname will be different when the production XenApp servers boot.
To do this:
- Run XenApp Server Role Manager from the Start Menu (will be found in Administrative Tools > Citrix > XenApp Server Role Manager, but will also probably be pinned to the top of the Start Menu).
- Click on Edit Configuration:
- Click on Prepare this server for imaging and provisioning:
- Leave options as-is and click Next>:
- Click Apply:
- Wait for tasks to complete and then click Finish:
- You may now shutdown the maintenance machine and promote the vDisk to Production mode