Altering email address, name or signatures
Each email account can have multiple identities. An identity combines an email address, a name and a signature (amongst other things). For instance, you may receive mail to multiple email addresses and want to reply using the appropriate email address and name (e.g. to distinguish your personal email from a generic address such as firstname.lastname@example.org). When writing an email, you can pick which identity to use. If replying to an email, the appropriate identity will be picked based on how the original message was sent to.
N.B. it is possible to restrict whether you have multiple identities and what you can alter. In many cases, this is locked down as you do not want pupils altering their email addresses. This can be temporarily altered if you want to make changes, but not allow them in general. The options are:
- many identities with possibility to edit all params
- many identities with possibility to edit all params but not email address
- one identity with possibility to edit all params
- one identity with possibility to edit all params but not email address
- one identity with possibility to edit only signature
- Go to Settings in the top right
- Click on Identities, then pick the identity you wish to alter.
You can also go to this page by clicking on Edit identities while writing an email: