Signing up for the Citrix Educational or Easy Licence Program
To allow us to provide educational customers with Citrix licences at the educational discounted price (as will have been quoted) or for small organisation to qualify for Easy pricing, we need you to go through an agreement procedure with Citrix. The process is all done on-line and shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. These contracts are valid for one year but can easily be re-registered using this same procedure. FYI, you will receive an email from Citrix once your contract has expired prompting you to re-register. This is not necessary until you next need to purchase further licences.
- Go to http://www.citrix.com/account/ in your favourite web-browser
- If you are a new Citrix customer, create yourself an account (there is a Create Citrix Account link at the bottom of the login page to do this or you can click here to go straight to the form). At this point, take a note of your account details and keep them somewhere you can locate them easily (you will need these details to access your Citrix licences). Once your account has been created, login using your new details. If you have previously registered an account with Citrix, just enter the logon details and click Sign in
- Click on Licensing Program Registration on the left-hand side menu
- Pick the appropriate licence programme by clicking on the relevant tab at the top. These are:
- GELA Academic Licensing - state school
- Education - non-state school
- Enterprise Licensing - large corporate entity
- Easy - all other entities
- On the next page (Welcome to [...] License Registration) click the Continue button and then click the Continue button on the next page. For Easy registrations, click on Parent Company and then New Registration, click Continue, choose your name and click Select Choic'e'. Click on Don't add affiliate and then Complete Registration''.
- On the following page, you will need to choose your contract administrator for the licence agreement. You can select the user you are logged in as and click Accept Choice. Alternatively, if you want to add a new administrator click on the Add new button and enter the new administrator's details. You will be asked to appoint a secondary administrator; you can either pick the same user again or add a new one
- Once you've assigned your administrators, click on the Complete registration button on the following page
- You will then see your registration details (Customer ID and Licensing Agreement Number). Take a note of these. You will be prompted to enter a Citrix Reseller's email address for the registration details to be sent to. Enter
firstname.lastname@example.org the email address, click on Send. We will then receive an email from Citrix with the appropriate references which will allow us to purchase your licences at educational pricing
- You will prompted to exit at this point using the Exit Registration button