TotalBoot is a global NC boot sequence designed for use on a variety of different servers. The NC version of the NetManager comes with TotalBoot pre-installed and pre-configured. You can simply plug an NC into the network and go. However, if you wish to boot your NC from a different type of server or even a Zip disc, the NC can be reprogrammed so that it will boot from a NetManager, Zip drive or an NT server. The NC will boot from all 3 with no further reprogramming. A TotalBoot programmed NC has a number of different modes of operation:
- Standard boot from NetManager
- Standalone boot from Zip
- Boot from NT Server
- Direct boot into webbrowser (with or without proxy). This can be done without a server present.
Features and benefits of TotalBoot
- Secure NC environment (no F12, no standard taskmanager)
- Web-based taskmanager which tracks application usage and lock important tasks
- Web-based NC environment offering easy-to-use point and click interface, combined with easy customisation
- Powerful NCWorks software embracing standard file formats offers migration path to Windows applications in future
- NCWorks allows creation of webpages including integration of graphics and tables
- Completely user-definable RISCOS environment which can be entered at any time. Iconbar icons can be placed anywhere with any text or graphic and execute any *command.
- Windows capability (requires Windows Application Server)
- Designed for schools
- Extremely flexible login mechanism allowing NCs to access home areas on NetManager, Level4 or NT (all common configurations of NT user shares handled).